Instructions for Oral Presentations
AV Equipment in each hall
• PC (will be put on the lectern, it is connected via LAN with the Speakers´ Ready Room)
• presenter (remote control)
• sound system
• microphones (for lectern, head table, auditorium)
A technician is available in every session room to provide assistance when needed. Due to the online presentation system, all speakers are kindly requested to use provided PC onsite. Please be present in the session room 15 minutes prior the start of your session and follow the instructions from the Chairs and/or technician.
• We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS.
• Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of MacIntosh-based presentations, please check in advance (2 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
• Please prepare your presentation in 16:9 format (screens are in 16:9 aspect)
• Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
• In case you have any videos in your presentation - please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the MPEG-1 and AVI format should work with no difficulties. Video inserted into MS PowerPoint 2010 and higher versions are embedded into the presentations.
• Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma.
• If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on “File”, then “Save As”
- Check the “Tools” menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts”
How to save your presentation
- External portable hard drive
- USB flash disc
• Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder / location.
• In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the event, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly with the presentation code to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
• Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
How to submit your presentation on-site
|Sunday, 15. 9. 2019||16:00-19:30|
|Monday, 16. 9. 2019||07:30-17:30|
|Tuesday, 17. 9. 2019||07:30-17:30|
|Wednesday, 18. 9. 2019||8:00-15:00|
|Thursday, 19. 9. 2019||8:00-17:00|
|Friday, 20. 9. 2019||08:00-12:00|
• During your lecture you can use either the mouse or keyboard of the prvided notebook or remote control for controlling your presentation
• Your own notebook will not be allowed to be used for presentation unless exceptionally scheduled
• All presentations will be deleted from all the PC used during the event
• We kindly ask all the speakers to keep the time of their presentations